Insurance services may be covered in full or in part by your extended health insurance or employee benefit plan. 

Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:

  •  Do I have insurance benefits for counselling?  
  • If I do, will it cover the costs of seeing a counsellor or social worker?
  • What is my deductible and have I reached the amount for this year?  
  • How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?   
  • What is the coverage amount per therapy session?  
  • Is approval required from my primary care physician?  
  • Do I have a renewal date to restart new year?

Many health insurance companies only provide counselling sessions as part of their plan if you are seeing a psychologist. I am not a psychologist. I am a Certified Canadian Counsellor (#7453). A CCC means I am certified and registered to work in all provinces in Canada, not just BC as I belong to the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association. This association is working hard to become a college, which means it would be regulated and have stricter policies and standards as does the BC College of Social Workers. I am also a register social worker and registered with BC College of Social Workers (#11093). I am in Good Standing with both my Associations. I also have current liability insurance and a business license.  

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Danielle LambrechtCounselling Service

​Healing YOUr past, present, & future



Subscribe to my Newsletter and receive these three FREE skill-based strategies:  

1. How to Schedule 'You' Time

2. How to Stop Drama

3. How to Reduce Life Stress

Third Party Billing

Many clients are eligible for funding under their extended health care plans, or under various government programs as outlined below. Please read carefully as you, your partner, son or daughter may be covered and only have to pay a small percentage of your counselling session while your third party health care plans may reimburse you for the larger portion.


Extended Health Care Plans

Health Insurance or extended health benefit plans may reimburse counselling fees paid to Register Social Workers. I am a Registered Social Worker and my number is: #11093. It is important that you let your health benefits administrator and employer know that. Registered Social Workers are one of the largest providers of mental health services in North America. In BC, organizations that may reimburse fees for counselling with a Registered Social Worker include:

  • Workers Compensation Board
  • Telus (union employees only, not management)
  • Central Mortgage and Housing Corporation
  • University of British Columbia's Student Health Plan
  • Great West Life
  • Bank of Montreal
  • BC Hydro
  • Canada Post
  • Insurance Corporation of BC
  • SunLife
  • Health Canada
  • First Nations Health Authority 

Crimes Victims Assistance Program (CVAP)

I am a Victims Service Provider for CVAP. I see clients who are victims of different types of crimes. I can either assist you in filling out the application or refer you to the Comox Valley Family Services program and professionals there can assist you too. If it is a past crime you may or may not have a case number through the RCMP. To be eligible the crime has to have happened in British Columbia. It is important to know you may be eligable to receive financial compensation through CVAP to pay for counselling sessions. Please go to this website and download the CVAP application form at

Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) for First Nations Peoples

This program currently provides counselling to First Nations people through 2 programs: a crisis intervention program, and the IRS program. Individuals with Indian Status who are experiencing a crisis may be eligible for services under the crisis intervention program. The Indian Residential School Support Services Division provides counselling to Residential School Survivors and, in some, cases, to their immediate family members. In recent years, funding for counselling has been turned over to some individual First Nations Bands for administration. If this has happened with your Band, and application for services would need to be filed with them.

Immediate Release: October 11, 2012

"The Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) is exceptionally pleased that Canadians who access clinical services provided by social workers now have the ability to claim these services on their income tax through the Medical Expense Tax Credit (METC).  As of September 28, 2012, Registered Social Workers are authorized as "medical practitioners" under the Income Tax Act for the purpose of claiming medical expenses on income tax returns. Under the METC, the federal government gives a non-refundable credit of 15% on allowable expenses that exceed 3% of the taxpayer's net income or $2,109 in 2012, which ever is less.  The provinces also offer credits.

© 2017 | Danielle Lambrecht Counselling Services